It seems there is no limit to the cruelty that men can commit against women.
There is little information in the article except for three important notes:
- Three men raped a woman
- She filed charges, and they raped her again as punishment for reporting the crime.
- The three men told family they would rape her again (which they did) if she did not take an out-of-court settlement.
Based on the article – it appears that the three rapists are not in jail – that they might be ‘remanded’ into custody a couple days later at a court appearance.
How in the world these men could be released after committing the same violent crime against a woman after doing it once and (two of them anyway) getting charged for the crime? I have two daughters – and allowing crimes like this – anywhere – opens the opportunity for these crimes to happen to my girls here in the US.
This probably isn’t the first time that I have written an article where the perpetrators are not in jail awaiting trail to threaten punishment on the original victim. If I recall correctly a woman who had acid thrown on her face by three perpetrators then had the perpetrators yelling threats at her from the street below her window at her home.
Who knows what this ‘out-of-court’ settlement would have been – except that it probably wouldn’t have involved jail time.
I think the vast majority of women in the world would not accept payment for being raped by three men at once.
I’m going to end this article with a few of questions.
- What do you think the men were thinking when they raped this women the first time? What moral rules were guiding them to think that this was an appropriate course of action? Further, it should be noted that the vast majority of people in India are Hindu or Islamic. What did the rules of their religion tell them that it was ok to do this?
- What do you think the men were thinking the second time they raped this woman?
- What do you think the overall view of these men is towards women?
- Do you think they could ever love a woman – in the way that you believe in love? Or would any relationship with a woman just be an exercise in having a servant that you fuck?
- How would these three men treat a woman in their workplace?